Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Bright Flowers Mother's Day - Stampin' Up! Flower Patch

  With all the attention I've been giving to Father's Day lately I don't want anyone to think that I've forgotten about Mother's Day.  We made this card at my March class and my stampers had the choice of the sentiment they wanted to use.  The Thoughtful Banners set is so versatile for changing sentiments to fit whatever occasion you have.  And a nice flower card is always handy to have tucked in the card box.


  Now when I designed this card using the Flower Patch stamp set I didn't know that it would be retiring.  I'm glad I got a few cards made with it but as I usually feel when a stamp set retires that I didn't use it nearly as much as I could have.  All the cards that could have been....lol!  

  For this card I used a bright, bold color combination.  Not all moms out there are into frills, pastels and lace so it's nice to have some colors that might reflect more of their personality.  The card base is Tempting Turquoise.  The flowers are stamped in Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  The flower center of the Daffodil Delight flower is stamped in Tempting Turquoise.

  The coordinating Flower Fair framelits (also retiring) were used to cut out the flowers.  They are arranged around the sentiment panel which is a Whisper White square cut with the Stitched Shapes framelits backed with a Basic Black panel.  A trick to making sure that you have enough room on your sentiment panel for the phrase is to start with the bottom words first and then work your way up.    Then you can make sure your flowers don't cover anything up and there is room for all you want to say.

  Using the Brights collection of enamel shapes my stampers could choose any of the colors/shapes that they wanted to add a bit of detail to the smallest flower center.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Flower Patch (retiring), Thoughtful Banners

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, black

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: Flower Fair framelits, Stitched Shapes framelits, enamel shapes, dimensionals

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!