Monday, October 17, 2016

Soft Snow Flakes - Stampin' Up! Tin of Tags

  In a few weeks I'm doing a Tin of Tags kit class to start getting ready for Christmas.  When I got my kit and the coordinating stamp set to play around with it I realized the I had kind of overlooked the non-sentiment stamps that are in the set.  There is a string of stars, a single star, a Christmas light and a good sized snowflake.  I don't have a current snowflake set so I was pleased to have the Tin of Tags snowflake to use for Christmas and winter cards.

  The challenge is closed now but I used the color challenge that Global Design Project had last week.
Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron.


  I mixed and matched the snowflake with a few stamps from Christmas Pines stamp set for this soft snowflake card.

  The base is Mint Macaron and I stamped the little sprinkling of snow (from Christmas Pines) in Mint Macaron across the center where I knew I was going to put the sentiment.  I did the sentiment (from Christmas Pines) in white embossing powder.

  The top panel is Whisper White that I stamped the 3 snowflakes and then cut the bottom strip and adhered it to the card base with dimensionals.

  I had some iridescent sequins left over from my Tin of Tags kit so I adhered one to each snowflake center.  For even more shimmer and sparkle I added a few of the smallest rhinestones as well as clear Wink of Stella to highlight parts of the snowflakes.  You can't see the WoS in the photo but it adds a nice subtle touch.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Tin of Tags, Christmas Pines

Ink: Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry, Versamark

Paper: Mint Macaron, Whisper White

Accessories: rhinestones, sequins, white embossing powder, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!