Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Elegant Peace Star - Stampin' Up! Star of Light

 I got some stamping in over the weekend.  Especially on Saturday as it rained and rained and then rained some more here in Richmond.  I think we ended up with over 3 inches of rain.  I know not anywhere near what areas south of us received from hurricane Matthew and I'm thankful that's all the weather we ended up getting.  My thoughts and prayers to all those affected by Matthew.

 I'm trying my best to work on a lot of Christmas cards early on so I won't have that mad rush the first week of December.  I will try to have other themes in the coming weeks but I'm warning you now that it will be heavy on Christmas for a while around here!  I used the current CAS(e) this Sketch challenge for the layout.



  The Star of Light was the very first item on my "must have" list when I saw the Holiday catalog for the first time.  I love all the sentiments, the different sizes of stars and the coordinating Starlight thinlets.  I saw a brown and gold layout in a home decorating catalog and thought that it might make a nice Christmas card.  I'm not sure if I pulled it off since I keep thinking that brown isn't really a Christmas color but I went with it.

  I stamped various stars in Soft Suede ink onto Soft Suede cardstock.  Then over the top I added some other stars in gold ink.

  I used a scrap of Very Vanilla and wrapped a length of gold Natural Trim around it.  On top of that is my layered star.  The bottom layer is Soft Suede and I sponged some gold ink along the edges.  Then a detailed layer in Very Vanilla and finally a small star in Gold Glimmer popped up in the center.  

  Behind the large star I have some loops of gold thread before popping it all up on dimensionals.  I used Gold Glimmer paper and the Christmas Greetings thinlets to cut out my peace sentiment.

  Definitely start thinking about your Christmas cards now so you won't be caught rushing!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Star of Light

Ink: Soft Suede, Gold

Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Gold Glimmer paper

Accessories: Starlight thinlets, Christmas Greetings thinlets, Natural trim-gold, gold thread, dimensionals, corner rounder



1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!