Monday, September 19, 2016

Beware of the Creeper - Minecraft Birthday Card

  If you've got kids you're probably familiar with Minecraft and some of the characters in the popular video game.  My kids get a kick out of building all sorts of crazy things in Minecraft so it was a no brainer to create a birthday card for my oldest this past summer to celebrate his 10th birthday.  When they show me what they've been making I have to confess I get a little bit of motion sickness with all the spinning and and movement and I get kind of lost as to what I'm looking at!  I guess my mind just doesn't compute in "blocks" as well as the kids!

  This is by far the easiest card to make....it's all right angles; squares and rectangles!  So easy!


  I started with a Garden Green card base and I made it square of course!  Then a layer of Basic Black.  I took a slightly small square in Garden Green and used my Simply Scored and scored half inch line across and up and down to make this fun grid.

  Next I adhered my squares and rectangles making the Creeper Face that the kids are so familiar with.

  See, I told you it was super easy and this is a great card for using up some of those smaller scraps and strips you've been holding onto!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: none

Ink: none 

Paper: Garden Green, Basic Black

Accessories: Simply Scored

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting your card....I made one for my Minecraft-loving grandson for his 6th birthday and it turned out so very sweet. I know he is going to love it. I am grateful for your generosity in sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!