Thursday, January 21, 2016

Citrus Thank You - Stampin' Up! Apple of My Eye

  The Apple of My Eye set is a stamp set that I had won at the On Stage Local event in Baltimore back in November.  I was so excited to see this set during the Occasions catalog reveal and then to win it at the event was even better.  I've used it a few times for some projects and the images are nice and crisp and bold and a good size as well.

  I designed this card to give to the parents who volunteered at the 2nd grade winter party or sent in treats and supplies for it.  Everyone likes to know their contribution was appreciated and I wanted to make sure they knew that I, as the room mom, couldn't have done it without them!  A party for 27 kids definitely takes a village!    And really what stamper doesn't use any reason she can to make a card using a new stamp set??



  This is a nice clean and simple card letting the bold colors stand out.  The addition of the Wildflower Fields DSP from the Sale-a-Bration brochure is the perfect compliment to the Old Olive in the leaf. And doesn't Daffodil Delight make a great lemon?

  For my readers on the East Coast are you all getting ready for Snowmageddon??  There is such a wide range of snow total predictions for our area that it's hard to know what is going to happen.  But for sure we will get anywhere from 1 inch to 2 feet of snow!  LOL!  The boys have already asked a few times when school will be cancelled.   They are ever hopeful and think our public school communications director who sends out the snow day notifications is a celebrity!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Apple of My Eye (Occasions)

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, black

Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Wildflower Fields DSP (SAB)

Accessories: linen thread, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!