Thursday, September 10, 2015

Basket of Apples Thank You - Stampin' Up! Sprinkles of Life

  Well we are deep into the first week back at school!  It's taking a bit of adjusting getting used to having to be up and out the door earlier and having homework to do in the afternoon but the boys seem to be doing ok.  I think by Friday night we will all be pooped and ready to relax!

  I saw the Stampin' Royalty challenge which is to make a back to school themed card so I went with it.  I like to show my appreciation to the boys teachers, past and present by giving them all a card at the start of every school year.  I hope to convey all my appreciation for taking such great care with the boys over the years and how they've created such a great foundation for learning.  I think you can never say thank you enough and that goes double for our teachers.

  I used the Sprinkles of Life stamp set and coordination Tree builder punch to make this card.  It's not a new idea but it's so cute and really shows the versatility of this set that I couldn't resist making my own apple card.  I'm sure teachers are over the whole apple/teacher thing but it's still a cute card right?


 The base is Garden Green and then a piece of the Schoolhouse DSP.  I created the basket using the bottom of the cupcake stamp and stamped it onto Crumb Cake cardstock in Soft Suede ink.  The basket handles are made with the candle stamp with the flame cut off.  I attached them to the basket with a mini silver brad.



  The apples are stamped in Real Red ink onto Real Red cardstock and punched out.  I used the chalk marker to give a little bit of highlighting to the sides.  The apples and basket are mounted onto a tag cut with the Tags & Labels framelits.  I used the heavy weight Whisper White for the tag to make it more substantial.  

  I used a bit of linen thread and some NEW (!) Striped Ribbon from the Holiday catalog to finish off this tag.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sprinkles of Life

Ink: Soft Suede, Real Red

Paper: Garden Green, Schoolhouse DSP, Heavy Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Real Red

Accessories: mini silver brad, Tags & Labels framelits, linen thread, Striped ribbon (Holiday catalog)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. I love your card, you can not go wrong with Sprinkles of Life! Thanks for playing along with our challenge and congrats on being one of our top picks at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!