Saturday, July 25, 2015

Star Wars R2D2 Birthday

    My boys birthdays are both in July...4 days apart.  So we have a week of busy birthday activities every year.  They love Star Wars and Legos and Minecraft and reading and football so it's not hard finding something to make for a birthday card.  This year I went with the Star Wars theme.  Who doesn't love R2D2?  He's a sweet little droid isn't he? Alex got a kick out of it so it was a success in the world of 7 year olds!

  I decided to do some punch art for this one though it ended up more hand cutting pieces than using punches.  The head is a circle punch as well as the 2 circles on the body and the legs are the word window punch, other than that I cut most of the pieces with my paper snips.

  It was a fun project to work on.  I checked Pinterest for some inspiration and used some pictures of R2 from Google images to get the details as close as I could.



  The card base is Night of Navy then a layer of Silver cardstock embossed with the Lucky Stars embossing folder.

  I used a Night of Navy oval behind R2.  I used my Smoky Slate marker to add just a bit of color to the edges of all the white pieces as it helped to give some definition to the panels on the body.

  The eyes/camera/sensors (I have no idea of the correct Star Wars terminology for those!) are made with Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers, a small rhinestone colored with a red alcohol marker and a Smoky Slate candy dot.




  The sentiment is made using the Alphabet Rotary stamp and Real Red ink.  In case you're wondering "Beep Bloop Beep" is droid for Happy Birthday.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Alphabet Rotary stamp

Ink: Real Red, Smoky Slate, Night of Navy

Paper: Night of Navy, Silver, Whisper White

Accessories: Circle punches, word window punch, Oval framelits, Lucky Stars e.f., epoxy stickers, rhinestone, candy dot, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!