Friday, July 10, 2015

Fluttering Butterfly - Stampin' Up ! Watercolor Wings - Fab Friday 68


  We have family in town visiting for the week so this will be a short one!  I was lucky to find some time to make my card!  This is a fun sketch this week at Fab Friday!  Get really detailed or keep it simple!  



  I decided to use Watercolor Wings for the first time.  I was so excited to get my big box of new catalog items and I've hardly had any time at all to play with them!  You'd think summer would have lots of free time....well you're right it does but the free time has been out of state away from my stamp room!


  I saw this cute quilt on Pinterest and saved it for the color combination: Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray and Delightful Dijon and used it for my card.

  The butterfly's first layer is Lost Lagoon stamped off once to make it a touch lighter, then a layer of Lost Lagoon full strength and the body and final details are stamped with Basic Gray.  




  The panel the butterfly is adhered to is paper pierced around the edges with the sentiment in Basic Gray.  I used the Delightful Dijon marker to ink up on line of the dotted line stamp and bent it slightly on my clear block to get the flight path.

  I added a bit of retired Lost Lagoon satin ribbon over the embossed white panel.  I used the new Fluttering embossing folder for the background.

  Head over to Fab Friday to see the rest of the Design Team samples and to play along!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Watercolor Wings

Ink: Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray, Delightful Dijon

Paper: Smoky Slate, Whisper White

Accessories: paper piercer/guide, Fluttering e.f., satin ribbon (Retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!