Friday, March 20, 2015

Stampin' Up! Sea Street Hugs & Kisses - Fab Friday 60

It's another Fab Friday challenge today!  A nice sketch to start off the weekend!


  I took some liberties with the sketch but that's the whole idea right?  To have a place to get started from?

  I had it in my mind that I wanted to use Sea Street and do some heat embossing....


  I tried all sorts of combinations for the octopus panel and I just couldn't get something I was happy with until I brought in the Starburst framelits.  The octopus is embossed with white embossing powder onto Night of Navy cardstock.  Once it was cut out with the framelit I paper pierced around the edge using the circle piercing template.



  The octopus part is popped up onto a piece of the Maritime DSP.  I love this design with the fish swimming around!  I added a little bit of vellum underneath the cotton ribbon knot to make it a little bit more like the sketch.

  Finally I did a bit more embossing on the card front using both white and clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is from the Good Greetings set that was a hostess special back in the fall.  I hope they do more of these sets as I love all the choices and the style!



  I hope you'll come along and play with the Fab Friday team on this challenge!  To see the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and see last challenge's winners pop over to Fab Friday!  Remember it's a 2 week challenge so there is plenty of time to create a card or 2!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sea Street, Good Greetings (retired)

Ink: Night of Navy, Versamark

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, vellum, Maritime DSP

Accessories: Starburst framelits, clear e.p., white e.p., cotton ribbon, piercing guide, dimensionals
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!