Friday, February 13, 2015

Balloon Shaker

I think my most used set lately is the Celebrate Today set from the Occasions catalog.  I've just found it a lot of fun to work with and use it for some fun techniques.  I hope you're not sick of seeing these projects! 

For today's card I used the fun shaker frames and my circle framelits together with the Celebrate Today set.  I can't remember when the last time was that I made a shaker card and I forgot how fun they are.


  This is a pretty basic shaker card.  I cut the balloon out with the Balloon framelit using Pistachio Pudding cardstock and then another one out of a window sheet.  To make the window I cut out a circle with my framelits.  You can also do this step with a punch but punch a circle out of the cardstock first then line up the balloon framelit around the circle and put through it the Big Shot.



  Next I stamped what I think of as the confetti stamp across the cardfront and then in the center of the Whisper White panel.  I placed one of the shaker frames around the image.  I punched out some silver glimmer paper and Strawberry Slush mini stars using the stars border punch and filled the center of the shaker frame.  To close up the frame I peeled the adhesive backing off the frame and placed the window sheet balloon over the top to seal in all the stars.  Then I adhered the cardstock balloon over the top. 

  One thing that I didn't think about was to turn all the glimmer paper stars over so they could be seen better.  Some of them are facedown so it's not as sparkly as I wanted. 

  Finally I stamped the greeting and then added the Strawberry Slush twine for the balloon string.

  I hope you'll give some shaker cards a try!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Celebrate Today

Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate

Paper: Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, window sheets, Silver Slimmer paper, Strawberry Slush

Accessories: Balloon framelits, Strawberry Slush Twine, shaker frames, circle framelits, stars border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!