Saturday, February 14, 2015

Adventure Bound Masculine Birthday

  Happy Valentine's Day!  I'm all tapped out on my Valentine's day cards so I've got a quick birthday card for you instead.  The new Adventure Bound DSP pack has great papers for guy cards.  There are a lot of nature themes as well as subtle texture images.  The really neat thing about this collection is that they are photographs so the detail is awesome.

  Check out these rocks!


  I played around for a while trying to use the cake stamp from the Big Day Sale-a-Bration (SAB) set but it just was jiving with the rest of the card so I just used the sentiment stamped in Basic Gray onto Sahara Sand yardstick.  I colored in the open letters using the chalk marker, added a silver threaded baker's twine knot and popped it up over the top panel.

  It's hard to see but I also added 3 mini silver brads to the lower left corner of the top rock panel.

  I used the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge for the layout.  

  Have a great weekend!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Big Day (SAB)

Ink: Basic Gray

Paper: Sahara Sand, Adventure Bound DSP

Accessories: chalk marker, dimensionals, mini silver brads, silver baker's twine



3 comments:

  1. Every time I see that DSP I'm amazed at the images. The rocks look positively real! And you're right - they make for a fabulous man-card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice card. Great for a guy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paper is the perfect paper for a man card - I love how you've used it here. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!