Friday, October 3, 2014

Masculine By the Tide

  Sometimes designing a clean and simple card is harder than the one with many layers, techniques and embellishments.  I wanted to design a masculine birthday card for my stamp club this week and it took a lot of tries with different colors, stamp sets and layouts to come up with this one!  I just couldn't get something I liked with the right balance of elements.  I finally switched up my colors and then things got easier!

 

   The base is Smoky Slate with a piece of Typeset DSP with a torn edge adhered to one side.  We added a length of All is Calm washi tape.  I love that even though this washi tape set is for Christmas the patterns really work well on all kinds of cards.

  The coral was stamped on a Very Vanilla square in Smoky Slate ink and then backed with a square of Night of Navy.

  The fish is stamped in Night of Navy and fussy cut and then adhered with a dimensional.  The final step is the sentiment stamped in Night of Navy in the corner.  We used the Petite Pairs set as the scale fit perfectly with the space.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: By the Tide, Petite Pairs

Ink: Smoky Slate, Night of Navy

Papers: Smoky Slate, Typeset DSP, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla

Accessories: All is Calm washi tape, dimensionals

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!