Friday, June 6, 2014

You're the Best! Fab Friday 43

  Oh my goodness!  It's Friday again!  How did that happen?  My stamp room has been in complete disarray for about 3 weeks!  I'm surprised I could find enough supplies to make a card for this week's Fab Friday challenge!  I'm holding my annual New Catalog and Retirement sale next Tuesday so hopefully most of my retired stuff will find new homes with my customers and I can have some room to spread out again!

  Check out the Fab Friday inspiration this week.  Fun sketch right?  I'm really digging those triangles and I went completely predictable and used them on my card too....

 

  But I did go a little crazy and flip the sketch on it's side.  It worked better for the octopus and thought bubble.  Since I liked the triangles so much I added more than the 3 shown in the sketch.


  So I have to tell you about the color combination.  My parents visited a few weeks ago and whenever my mom is in town she likes to go check out all the local quilting stores.  So I take her to all the stores and while she's shopping for fabric and other stuff I have no idea how to use I just look at all the fabrics and pull color combinations from them to use on cards.  I probably look like a lunatic using my phone to type notes of color combinations.  This is one combo I got from our outing; Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi (and new In Colors!!), Tangelo Twist and Hello Honey.  I added the pop of black to ground the brighter colors.  I thought these are great boy/guy colors.

  I know I used this octopus from the new Sea Street set on the last challenge too but it was the only one calling me again...once I get my first order from the new catalog I'll have more to play with.  Probably too many choices then but whatever!  =)

  Go check out how the rest of the Fab Friday design team used this sketch and be inspired to play along!
  

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sea Street, Just Sayin'

Ink: Tangelo Twist, Black Stazon

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Hello Honey, Wild Wasabi, Tangelo Twist, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: Edgelits, Arrows e.f., banner punch, triangle punch, metal button, baker's twine,  Word Bubble framelits, dimensionals, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!