Monday, June 23, 2014

Sea Street Get Well

  I had a ball over the weekend breaking into all of my new supplies!  It's amazing how much I can get stamped in a quiet house.  By all accounts the boys had a ball camping in the great outdoors so it was a successful weekend for the Mertz family!

  I took some time this morning to clean out my Bloglovin' feed which had built up quite the number of posts.  I scrolled through the past week to find some of my favorite challenges and then headed to the stamp room.

  Here is my attempt at the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge which closes tomorrow afternoon so I'm just under the wire here!  I did flip the sketch on it's side but I don't think the ladies at Hand Stamped Sentiments will mind!



  It's so easy to do this color combination with this set because the coordinating Maritime DSP is so cute and is perfect for summer cards!


  I used my brand spankin' new Little Letters thinlet dies.  At first I was excited to see these guys in the catalog but then I saw that they were only 3/4" high and thought that was way too small.  But then I reconsidered and realized they were the perfect size for cards.  For this card I cut out the "get well" and then backed the Night of Navy panel with a piece of Maritime DSP.

  The lobster and crab were stamped in Real Red on Whisper White cardstock and the starfish in Coastal Cabana ink and then I punched them all out.  I also stamped the long line of flags across the bottom in Real Red using the the stamp-a-ma-jig to line it up just so.

  I used the Banner punch to make the little fishy flag and then wrapped some white baker's twine around the center panel and tied it off with a bow.

  New stamping stuff is so FUN!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Sea Street

Ink: Real Red, Coastal Cabana

Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Maritime DSP

Accessories: Little Letters thinlets, circle punches, Banner punch, baker's twine

4 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! Love the little letter die- worked perfect!!! Great use of the dsp!!! Great color combo!! Perfect accents!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great card! I love those letters and am marveling at your ability to line them up so nicely. Awesome stamp set and I like your little round elements with the sea life :) Thanks for playing the sketch at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! Love the Little Letters sentiment and fun Sea Street stamps...great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sketch going sideways! Your card is super fun I the cut letters are the best. Thanks for being a part in our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!