Friday, February 10, 2012

Snowman Valentine

  Well I think that our lack of snow or even a real winter so far this year has me out of sorts.  I'm wishing for some snow in the worst way.  I know a lot of you who are getting snow on a regular basis this winter probably think I'm crazy.  I like the changes in seasons and love how snow looks on the ground and of course it's fun to play in!  If it's going to be 40 and rainy it might as well be 27 and snowing in my opinion!  Since I don't have real snow to look at I've been reaching for my Snow Much Fun set a lot lately.

  I held a Stampin' Up! Open House last Saturday and invited people who were new to stamping.  I had a lot of fun teaching them about stamping and Stampin' Up!  This was one of the projects they got to make.  I pulled the colors directly from the Color Coach to make a snowman Valentine (love that tool!).

  The base is Bashful Blue and then a layer of Real Red DSP from the Brights collection pack.  I had the ladies tie a piece of Whisper White grosgrain around the DSP and added a Vintage Trinket safety pin to the knot.

  The snowman is stamped in Stazon and colored with Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake and Pumpkin Pie markers.  And since I can't resist using the Glimmer Paper when ever I can I had the ladies punch out Red Glimmer Paper hearts and glued them down around the snowman as if he were juggling hearts.  The whole snowman panel is popped on dimensionals.

  On the inside they stamped "Be my Valentine" from Delightful Dozen and then added another Glimmer Paper heart. 

  I think the ladies all had a good time and enjoyed making their own card.  They got to see how easy stamping can be and I think a few of them might have even caught the stamping bug!  I know you all remember when you caught the bug....I sure do!  There's no turning back now!  Ha!  At least this is a bug that is fun to have right?

  Don't forget about the Free 30 day trial of My Digital Studio.  See my post HERE for all the details.  It's a great way to try before you buy!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snow Much Fun

Ink: Stazon, markers- Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie & Crumb Cake

Paper: Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Real Red Brights DSP pack, Red Glimmer Paper


Accessories: Grosgrain ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, small heart punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha....yup, fun 'bug'!!! What a sweet card, Amanda! I'll bet the newbies absolutely loved it! I do remember my very first class, and how excited I was to have created something all by myself! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute snowman card. I love the glimmer hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, this is stinkin' cute! Seriously what an awesome way to recycle snowmen! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the snowman Valentine!!!! Too cute! We have had a lack of regular winter here too- just doesn't seem right, lol!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!