Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Turtle & Co. In Spots

  Last night I held my Turtle & Co. mini stamp-a-stack.  I had 6 great ladies attend and we had a lot of fun.  They are now fast friends with Turtle, Frog & Snail!  Here is one of the cards we made last night.  I got the inspiration for this layout from an advertisement in a catalog I received.  I loved the circles and the colors used were almost exactly the same as the new In Colors.  I wish I had saved the page so I could show you but it was lost somewhere along the creative way (aka the messy messy stamp room)!



























  A few of my stamping ladies last night had never done heat embossing so this was a great card for them to learn on.  They made sure to use the embossing buddy on their cardstock to keep stray embossing powder from ruining their images.  Then they stamped the images in Versamark, covered them in white embossing powder (looks awesome against the bright colors doesn't it??) and heated them with the heat gun.  Then the 1 3/8" circle punch punched out each image.  For the sentiment all we did was emboss like the rest of the images and then use the paper snips to cut out each word and glue them to the circle. 



  The base of the card is Naturals White, then a layer of Island Indigo and then another layer of Naturals White.  We used a strip of the new ruffled In Color Ribbon in Pool Party.  I added one little pleat to my ribbon before adhering it.  We popped each circle up with dimensionals and then as a final touch added a bitty button using a glue dot.

  We did 2 more projects at the mini stamp-a-stack so be sure to check back over the next few days to see them.   Don't forget that for each Turtle & Co. stamp set sold Stampin' Up! donates $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.   Buy an adorable stamp set and help families with sick children...it's a no brainer right? 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Turtle & Co.

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Naturals White, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Island Indigo

Accessories: white embossing powder, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, dimensionals, bitty buttons, bakers twine, 1 3/8" circle punch


5 comments:

  1. Too cute! My workshop ladies always enjoy heat embossing too. They would love these pretty colors! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love this idea! This stamp set works perfect for this but I never would have guessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I love all the dimension on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love the layout & colors. Such a great idea to use only part of the turtle. Guess we need to remember that we don't always have to use the entire stamp image. I like how you did the sentiment also for different look. Love the embossing. Need to get the embossing buddy, so don't have the stray flecks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!