Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Hot Air Balloons

  Super busy today so this is going to be a fast post with not much side chatter (I can hear you all breathing a sigh of relief not to have to wade through the garbage to get to the actual stamping stuff!)

  I made this card for my friend's daughter's 6th birthday.  My friend is also my neighbor and one of my stamping ladies so of course I have to make sure any card I give her daughter is   I used the same color scheme that was on the party invitation, bright pink and bright green.  My specific colors are Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi.  I totally love these little balloons from Up, Up and Away so I wanted to use this set again.  The background DSP is the retired Sale-A-Bration paper Welcome Neighbor from a few years back. 
  I stamped the balloons on Whisper White and then cut them out and popped each one up on a dimensional.  I ran a strip of the retired Melon Mambo pom pom fringe across the bottom and added the sentiment.  I jazzed up the balloons and the sentiment with the little flower from the itty bitty punch pack and added some little adhesive rhinestones.

  Also, for my local ladies, you should be getting your copy of the Holiday Mini in the mail if you haven't already.  I got the one I mailed myself this past week so they are being delivered.  It goes live on Sept. 1!!!  If you're new to the Richmond, VA area and are looking for a demo or are interested in getting a copy of the Holiday Mini give me a shout and I'll get one out to you!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Up, Up & Away

Ink: Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake


Paper: Whisper White, Wild, Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Welcome Neighbor DSP (retired)

Accessories: pom pom fringe, Itty Bitty punch pack, rhinestones, Circle punches, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!!!! Those teensy flowers are adorable! Great card, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday card! I bet your friend's daughter will love it. The cloud paper is just perfect for the hot air balloons. Looks like a good idea for SU to add something like that to a new dsp set. Maybe in the next mini after the holiday. Love the colors of wild wasabi & melon mambo together. The melon mambo was one of my first SU colors & still one of my favorites. I just ordered the wild wasabi & can't wait to get that one. Love the little flower details. That punch is going on my next order. So many fun things to get! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Amanda! Very fun and so cute. The pom pom fringe is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!