Saturday, February 26, 2011

One Layer Birthday Flowers

  Here is another installment for the month of constant birthdays a.k.a February.  I made this one for my husband's stepmother.  I saw a similar card somewhere online; you know you go to one online gallery and then click on a blog and then poke around and see a link for a tutorial somewhere and then click around some more and then you can't even remember where you started??  Well, that happens to me a lot so I apologize for not knowing exactly where this idea came from. 

 
  The base of the card is Sahara Sand and I ran the front through the Big Shot using the new Framed Tulips embossing folder.  It's the perfect size for card fronts.  To make the flower bouquet I punched out 2 of the branches from the 2 Step Bird punch and trimmed the end of one so they wouldn't be exactly alike.  I adhered them with a little bit of Tombow Multi glue.  The flowers are "buttons" made with the Sweet Buttons embosslit and a scrap of Elegant Soiree DSP & a few scraps of Sweet Stitches DSP.  The pink flower has one of the smaller button designs layers on top to give it some dimension.  The embosslit buttons have some nice raised details that look super cute in person.  I "tied" the flowers together with a 1/8" taffeta ribbon bow adhered with a flue dot.

  The only true stamping that I did on this card was the sentiment from Bring on the Cake (I know I sounds like a broken record but I love this set!).  I stamped it using Whisper White Craft ink. 

  A sweet little card that makes me wish for spring!  And uses up some scraps that you have laying around...always a good thing in my book!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Bring on the Cake


Ink: Whisper White Craft

Paper: Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Elegant Soiree DSP, Sweet Stitches DSP


Accessories: Sweet Buttons embosslit, 2 Step Bird punch, 1/8" Whisper White taffeta ribbon, glue dot, Framed Tulips embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I love the buttons used as flowers and the colors really stand out on Sahara Sand.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the simplicity and how you used the button embosslit for the flowers. I still need to take my button embosslit out of its package!! Thanks for giving me inspiration to do so. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!