Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fun Folds with Aviary

  Yay!!!  My AC was fixed today and so far I haven't injured myself or broken anything else.  More time for stamping!  Here is the second project we did on Tuesday night. 

 I try to show some different folding techniques at my classes to keep things fresh.  I know with my personal stamping I usually just make the same A2 size with a fold on the side or top so when I come across one that is this easy I jump all over it.  This one is called the Joy Fold and it's basically 2 cards put together to make one.  The Daffodil Delight is an 8.5" x 4.25" piece and it is scored at 3 inches and the edge is punched with the Scallop Trim border punch.  The black piece is 8.5" x 3" and just folded in half.  Remember to round all of your corners with the corner rounder punch BEFORE you adhere the pieces together...it works much better that way (ask me how I know!).  My photo shows the card I made that I didn't do all the corners and it looks much better if you round everything!

  In this side view you can see that the front flap of the black cardstock holds down the front flap of the Daffodil Delight piece.

 The stamping is pretty easy.  I cut a mask out of a sticky note for the birdcage portion.  I stamped the birdcage on my Whisper White first, then masked it and then stamped the stand.  The stand part is pretty tall on its own so you can make your cages as tall or short as you want them to be.  I added the cute little owl to the birdcage using Daffodil Delight ink.  I have this set in the clear mount and I find it's super easy to get things lined up when you can see right where you want to stamp.  To get it absolutely perfect use the Stamp-a-ma-jig but for eyeballing it, clear mount is great.

  I'm excited about the new colors in accessories and wanted to show my ladies the 1/8" taffeta ribbon and the new assortments of brads.  I'm slowly on my way to collecting the 4 assortments of buttons and brads in each new color collection and since I started with the Brights collection We used the Daffodil Delight ribbon & brad on this card.

  And here is the card opened. It's also kind of nice to have a smaller space on the inside for writing....you don't have to write so much to fill it up!

Thanks for looking!  Have a great day!

Stamps: Aviary, Thank You Kindly

Ink: Stazon, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Black, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White

Accessories: Scallop Trim border punch, corner rounder punch, 1/8" taffeta ribbon, brad

4 comments:

  1. Lovin' this fancy and fun fold, Amanda! How totally cute! I'm happy for you that your AC is fixed. How miserable it's been - I can't imaging no AC! Tee hee, I'm also happy that you haven't broken anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card fold! Cute design. . I'm lovin the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I will have to try one of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! My stamp club members may just be making something similar next month. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!