Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Elegant Lines & Pearls

  It's been a HOT & busy week so far at my house...we've had quite a saga the last 2 weeks with our AC units.  2 weeks ago the downstairs unit bit the dust and just this past Sunday the upstairs unit decided it felt left out and wanted some attention so it decided to stop working as well (keep in mind that our house is only 4 years old so that makes all this even more unacceptable!!).  We've been waiting on a part since the repair guy came to look at it on Monday morning.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that tomorrow will be the big day that it gets fixed.  Then, in my heat induced daze from cleaning without AC on the second floor I was carrying the vacuum down the stairs and slipped and fell.  My backside took a serious beating but the laptop which was at the bottom of the stairs waiting to be carried up took the biggest beating...the whole screen is smashed and unusable.  Wow!  Are we racking up points on our Discover card or what??  Oh, and I've been volunteering at our church's VBS this week and had my monthly stamp club meeting last night.  How is it only Wednesday night??

  To make myself feel better I keep looking at this project that we made last night.  So many things about this card just make me happy, the pearls, the Elegant Lines embossing folder, the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, Early Espresso cardstock & ribbon....Ahhhhh....I've almost forgotten how stinkin' hot it is in my house!

  For my projects this month I wanted to try to cram as many new things as I could onto each one because I was so excited about everything that I ordered I just couldn't not use it, you know??  I totally LOVE this new embossing folder.  It gives such a great deep impression you just want to keep touching it!  The new pearl jewels are just right for highlighting the embossed design. For the stamping I paired Define Your Life and Defining Alphabet (not new sets but still awesome) and just lightly sponged the edge of the Very Vanilla scalloped circle.  I got the idea for the ribbon across the edge from some samples in our demonstrator magazine Stampin' Success a month or 2 ago.

  I've got to go concentrate on cooling off now!  Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Define Your Life, Defining Alphabet

Ink: Rose Red, Early Espresso

Paper: Rose Red, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Elegant Lines Textured Impressions embossing folder, Basic Pearl jewels, 3/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Amanda! Can't wait for my folder and pearls to come on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card- and hope you are OK after your spill! Too bad about the laptop and AC units......stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, this is just a superb card. Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You poor girl! And your house is only 4 years old??? My goodness! Well, on a good note - I love your card! It's gorgeous :) That embossing folder is very pretty. I love the simplicity of what you did here - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!