Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another card with leftover homemade Designer Paper

 Are you all sick of seeing this Circle Circus designer paper that I made a few weeks ago?  2 sheets of each design really went a long way!!  To see the other projects I made with this paper see this post and this post.  This card was made with the design that used the Rose Red combination.

 This layout was one that I got from my blogging friend Barb.  It is one of her Sunday Sketches.  Check out her post here and scroll all the way down to get to the sketch.  Now that I've sent you to links all over the place I guess I should show you the card already!

  I used 3 of the large butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit in Chocolate Chip and added a small flower to each one from the Flower Fusion (retiring) felt flower kit.  The brad holds everything together. 

  The lower edge of the homemade designer paper is punched with the scalloped edge border punch.  I balanced the row of butterflies with a 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon knot (even if a layout is asymmetrical I have to try to keep it balanced....I think it's a disease or something!).  A Happy Birthday sentiment stamped in Chocolate Chip finishes the bottom.

  Let me know what you think!  And I'd love see your own version of homemade designer paper!

  Stamps: Circle Circus, A Little Birthday Cheer

  Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Old Olive, So Saffron

  Paper:  Whisper White, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip


  Accessories: Beautiful Wings embosslit, grosgrain ribbon, Flower Fusion felt flowers, brads, scallop edge border punch

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!