Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby Shower Favors


Here is something that I've been making the last few days to have ready for a baby shower I'm hosting this weekend. Do the colors look familiar? Check out my baby shower invitation a few posts back! Yup, I'm using the same colors and stamps to keep with the theme. Our friends who the shower is for are really fun and like doing things outdoors like gardening etc. so my co-host and I decided to do daffodil bulbs as the favors. I made 30 of these pretty quickly.

Each bag has 2 bulbs nested in some crimped and shredded paper(run strips of paper through your crimper and then put them through your paper shredder!). The tags are super simple with the giraffe from Wild About You (retired) punched with the 11/4" circle punch, matted on a 13/8" circle punch and that is layered on a scallop circle. The tags are tied on the favor bags with some non-SU ribbon I had left from another project but if you changed up the color scheme to the In Colors you could use the awesome polka dotted ribbon. On the back of the bag I printed out address labels that say "Please plant these bulbs, and watch them bloom, Just like Baby X, Who will be here soon" and then I added a quick line on planting instructions.

Stamps: Wild About You

Ink: Only Orange

Paper: YoYo Yellow, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White

Accessories: favor bags, crimper, paper shredder, grosgrain polka dot ribbon, scallop punch, 13/8" circle punch, 11/4" circle punch, address labels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!