Friday, March 8, 2024

Hang in There Plants - Stampin' Up! Planted Paradise

   I had some fun with the challenge colors over at CAS Colours & Sketches.  I hope this one is CAS enough; I really tried to tone it down from my usual giant pile of supplies used to make it.  At first I wasn't going to do the embossed panel but it honestly was just kind of blah without it so it ends up being the extra layer.  

  I loved these colors and might go back and try them again for a masculine card; Old Olive, Balmy Blue, Azure Afternoon.


  This one starts with a Basic White thick card base, then a layer of Basic White embossed with the Twisted Rope embossing folder. Before adhering I added some Balmy Blue bakers twine from the Hot Air Balloon suite three color pack.

  I used the Planted Paradise stamp set and all 3 colors of ink to create the potted plants.  The two outside pots are in Azure Afternoon and the center is Balmy Blue.  For the leaves I stamped 3 different styles 3 times in either full strength ink or stamped off once ink.  I like the softness that the stamped off leaves have.

  After fussy cutting the leaves and pots they are assembled and popped on dimensionals just above the bakers twine.

  The sentiment is from the Hot Air Balloon stamp set and is stamped in Memento black and trimmed down and adhered to the pot.

  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Planted Paradise, Hot Air Balloon

Ink: Old Olive, Balmy Blue, Azure Afternoon

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White

Accessories: Twisted Rope embossing folder, dimensionals, Balmy Blue baker's twine



3 comments:

  1. Terrific card design, Amanda - I love the little pots! Clever use of the stamping to get variation on the old olive colour, too. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S, great to see you in our gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, CAS perfection!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Amanda - I love the soft texture behind those cute pots too but the pots themselves are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!