Monday, June 24, 2019

Bird Love - Stampin' Up! Free as a Bird

I held my annual new catalog party last week so I designed some projects to show off the fun new Stampin' Up! products in the 2019-2020 catalog.  The first item on my pre-order was the Free as a Bird bundle as I love birds and I also love the new Stitched Nested (get it? bird? nest?) Label dies.  The shape of the dies are great for highlighting images but also sentiments.  You'll be sure to see a lot of these dies on my blog in the future.

I keep my projects for my new catalog party pretty basic so that my stampers can make them without a lot of guidance.  I wanted to show off the dies, stamp set, Bird Ballad DSP and new In Colors.  That's a lot for one card but I made it work....I think!  Seaside Spray is the In Color that's shown off on this card.  It's a great light blue that is a less "sweet, baby-like" blue than Balmy Blue.


  The background flowers are stamped on the Seaside Spray card base in Seaside Spray ink.  The feather print from Bird Ballad DSP is adhered to one side.

  The bird and branch are stamped with Memento black on Whisper White then colored with blender pens and ink (Seaside Spray, Pretty Peacock, Old Olive).  The branch and beak are colored with markers (Daffodil Delight and Soft Suede).  Remember not to over color with blender pens, it will pill up the paper and make the Memento blur.  If you keep a light touch you'll be fine.

  Once the image is all colored it's cut out with the Stitched Nested Label dies and popped on the card front with dimensionals.  The final touch is a Scalloped Linen ribbon knot in Pretty Peacock.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Free as a Bird

Ink: Memento Black, Seaside Spray, Pretty Peacock, Old Olive

Markers: Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede

Paper: Seaside Spray, Whisper White, Bird Ballad DSP

Accessories: Stitched Nested Label dies, dimensionals, Scalloped Linen ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!