Thursday, February 7, 2019

Bad Day Fishing - Stampin' Up! Best Catch

   Once in a while I get a card idea and it just sticks in my head until I get it out onto cardstock.  Once I got the Best Catch stamp set and coordinating Catch of the Day thinlets I began picturing a lot of different kinds of cards and one of them was a joking card using saying that I've heard from time to time.  I think a lot of fishermen would agree with this one!


  I started with a Crumb Cake card base and added the little bubbles/fish scales stamp in Crumb Cake to cover the whole front.

  I pulled my colors from a bit of the Tropical Escape DSP and then started adding my water scene.  The mat is in Shaded Spruce, then a layer of Whisper White stamped with the Labeler Alphabet stamp set to do the words.  A bit of Pool Party cardstock embossed with the Seaside embossing folder.  I trimmed the edge of the embossed piece and adhered it to the bottom of the Whisper White panel.  I cut 2 cattails in Lemon Lime Twist and one in Shaded Spruce.  I used Crumb Cake and Early Espresso markers to color the cattail tops.  I trimmed the edges to stagger the heights and adhered them in front of the water panel.


  On the inside I finished the saying again using the Labeler Alphabet.  Not my best alignment but I was so excited to pull this card together I did it just freehand and didn't use my Stamparatus.  I cut a number of fish in Shaded Spruce, Lemon Lime Twist and Cajun Craze, added a bit of detail with the bubbles/scales stamp in Crumb Cake ink and adhered them swimming in both directions.

  I have several family members that I could give this card to and they would definitely agree...not only to decide who is the lucky recipient!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?  Or maybe go fishing??

 Stamps: Best Catch, Labeler Alphabet

Ink: Crumb Cake, Memento Black

Paper: Crumb Cake, Lemon Lime Twist, Shaded Spruce, Cajun Craze, Pool Party, Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP

Accessories: Catch of the Day thinlets, Seaside embossing folder, markers, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!