Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Snowflake Christmas Wishes - Stampin' Up! Snowflake Sentiments

 I made this Christmas card a few weeks ago for one challenge or another (I can't even remember which one!) and never got around to photographing and entering it into the challenge.  I think the challenge for the layout as I don't think I would have come up with this one on my own!


  I'm really liking these colors together and will have to try some more with this combination: Cherry Cobbler, Tranquil Tide and Soft Sky.

  The card base is Cherry Cobbler embossed with the Winter Wonder embossing folder.  That big snowflake makes such a statement whether on it's own or layered with other elements.

  Next is a triangle of Tranquil Tide with a strip of the retired gold sequin trim.  I just used a length of tear tape to adhere it.

  I used the Swirly Snowflake thinlets to cut some snowflakes out of Soft Sky.  The snowflakes are a strip of three so you can just snip off the snowflakes you want to use individually.  I also used one little snowflake from one of the other dies to layer onto the larger one.

  The sentiment from Snowflake Sentiments set is stamped in Tranquil Tide and then cut out with the Stitched Shapes square framelit.  I added a few loose sequins to finish this card off.

  I hope you're having success with your own Christmas card making!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snowflake Sentiments

Ink: Tranquil Tide

Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Tranquil Tide, Soft Sky, Whisper White

Accessories: Swirly Snowflakes thinlets, Winter Wonder embossing folder, Stitched Shapes framelits,  gold sequin trim (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!