Monday, March 6, 2017

Hello Love Hen - Stampin' Up! Hey Chick

  So did you all think I had fallen off the face of the earth?  I just have been really busy and blogging is the thing that, unfortunately, I can let fall by the wayside from time to time.  I do have lots of projects to share though and I hope to get back to a regular blogging schedule.

  We only have a few more weeks of Sale-a-Bration left so I better get to sharing some of the projects using them before it's too late.

  My stampers made this card at the end our January stamp club (see how far behind I am??).  It can be a great birthday or a Valentine's day card (a month ago!).


  The card base is Crumb Cake, then a layer of Basic Black, then a layer of Real Red stamped with the Hardwood background stamp using Crumb Cake ink.  I used Crumb Cake ink because it was a bit lighter and more subtle than using the Real Red ink and I didn't want the sentiment to get lost.

  The sentiment is from Sealed with Love stamp set in the Occasions catalog and is stamped in black.

  The sweet little hen is stamped in Stazon onto a strip of watercolor paper.  She is colored in with the watercolor pencils and a blender pen.  A black baker's twine bow on top of the watercolor paper panel finishes off this card.

  I sent this design out to a few people for Valentine's day and I made sure to send it to my cousin who  has chickens and a bit of a chicken lady and she loved it!  We went to Southern States the other day to get some bird seed and they have their baby chicks out and they were so cute just peeping away.  Spring is on it's way!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hardwood, Sealed with Love, Hey Chick (SAB)

Ink:  Crumb Cake, Stazon black

Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Real Red, watercolor paper

Accessories: watercolor pencils, blender pen, dimensionals, black baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!