Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sparkly Balloon Birthday - Stampin' Up! Balloon Celebration

 A few weeks ago we travelled to Pennsylvania to surprise my mother in law for her birthday.  Of course I had to make a fun birthday card using her favorite color and lots of sparkle!






  It was super hard to get a good photo.  This was the best that my meager photography skills could manage hence the weird fuzziness and some glare.  You get the idea right?

  I did a watercolored background using Perfect Plum ink on watercolor paper.  After it was dry I stamped both sizes of balloons overlapping.

  Next, using my Clear Wink of Stella I colored in all the balloons adding an extra layer each time a portion of a balloon overlapped with another.

  The final bit of sparkle comes in the way of some bits of extras from my Tin of Tags kit.  The kit comes with a generous amount of iridescent sequins and silver star confetti pieces so after completing my tags I had some fun stuff to add to other projects.  The perfect embellishments for these birthday balloons!

  Using the retired color spritzer tool and my Perfect Plum marker I spritzed a bit of splatter randomly around the card front.  I tied a black bakers twine bow to the side to wrap up this card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Balloon Celebrations

Ink: Perfect Plum, Black Stazon

Paper: Perfect Plum, watercolor paper

Accessories: Wink of Stella, black baker's twine, sequins & star confetti (Tin of Tags kit), spritzer tool (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!