Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Emerald Leaves - Stampin' Up! Botanical Blooms

  Father's Day is coming up on us and I think I probably have about 8 Father's Day card made and I really only need 5 but it's nice to have choices right?

  I made another one to fit in to a theme challenge as well as a sketch challenge.  Using the "Father's Day" theme at The Paper Players and the layout from CAS(e) This Sketch I came up with this kind of a modern looking botanical card.

 

  Did you notice that in the Thoughtful Banners set on page 73 of the new annual catalog there aren't just words?  There are the fun banner shapes as well as a long solid rectangle stamp.  How cool does it look as a background image?

  I used the stamp with Emerald Envy ink and stamped it onto Very Vanilla cardstock not reinking each time but stamping 3 times as the ink became lighter.  

  I used Emerald Envy again to stamp the large leaf from Botanical Blooms.  The coordinating Botanical Builder framelits made quick work of cutting out the green leaf as well as a Crumb Cake leaf.

  I layered the leaves to one side of the Crumb Cake banner that was stamped with the Thoughtful Banners.  I had a bit of scrap linen thread in my ribbon scrap container and added that to the banner.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Thoughtful Banners, Botanical Blooms

Ink: Emerald Envy, Black

Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Botanical Builder framelits, linen thread, dimensionals





4 comments:

  1. This is so nice, Amanda...great design and fresh color palette! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is lovely! I love those feathers and the colours you chose! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, this is great! Love the gorgeous color combo, too! So happy you joined my theme challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection! I love how you created that striped background! Glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!