Friday, June 26, 2015

Garden of In Colors - Fab Friday 67 - Stampin' Up! Garden in Bloom

 It's that time again!  Fab Friday Challenge Time!  Woo Hoo!  We are sharing our creations using new In Colors this time around.  You can use a few or try for all of them in one project!

  I really challenged myself and I went for all 5 on one card.  I had to think about it for a few days before attempting.  While I like all of the 2015-2017 In Colors I wasn't sure if I liked them all together.  I find that sometimes a few colors don't always play well with others.  I ended up pleased with what I happened.


  While I did use all 5 colors a few of them are used quite sparingly but I managed!  

  The card base is Tip Top Taupe stamped with the new Writing Notes background in Tip Top Taupe ink.  I rounded the bottom corners of the card with my corner rounder punch.

  The flower images are the new Garden in Bloom stamp set.  The blossom is Watermelon Wonder stamped off once and then highlighted in full strength ink.  The leaves are first stamped with Mint Macaron and then a small highlight of Cucumber Crush.  The center of the flower is Delightful Dijon stamped off once.  All images are outlined in Tip Top Taupe ink.

  The bumble bee is stamped once on Whisper White and cut out and adhered to the second bumble bee stamped right onto the card front.  The bees path is made with the Tip Tip Taupe marker.

  The flower is cut out and popped up with a dimensional over the stem.

  Underneath the flower panel is a piece of the new Glassine Sheets that was torn and then crumpled for some light texture.  

  I added a sentiment banner in Mint Macaron using a small sentiment from the new Watercolor Wings set.  A new metal rimmed pearl anchors the banner.

  I hope you'll head over to see the rest of the awesome projects the Fab Friday Design Team has come up with and then jump in and join us.  Remember you have 2 weeks to enter our challenge so there's no excuse!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Writing Notes, Garden in Bloom, Watercolor Wings

  Ink: Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon,  Tip Top Taupe 

  Paper: Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Glassine Sheets

  Accessories: corner rounder, metal rimmed pearls, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. A www...love that wee bee buzzing around! Cute card, Amanda! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!