Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Super Hero Valentine

  Well I don't live in the Northeast but we still had a snow day today!  A little dusting here in the Richmond area generally becomes a snow day...if not 2!  It's all melted already but I still had to postpone my stamp club session for this morning and evening.  The forecast looks clear for Thursday when I've rescheduled so I'll be able to share those projects soon.

  In the meantime I made this Valentine's day card the other day after I wanted make a project and use some of my Blendabilities.  The Calling All Heroes set has great graphic images, an alphabet and is perfect for a house full of boys that run from anything pink!



  I had fun layering different images as well as doing some fussy cutting to bring a lot of dimension to the card.  After coloring the star, lightning bolt and "super" with Blendabilities I filled in the star and "super" with a nice thick layer of Crystal Effects.  The gloss is really fun and makes those elements pop.  I did let them dry overnight before adhering to my card.



  After stamping the cityscape in black and cutting it out I filled in some of the windows using the Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.

  I also wanted to try out the new masks; well new to me, I know a lot of demonstrators have been using them regularly since the summer but I just got them a few weeks ago.  I placed the Stripes one on a diagonal right across the already stamped little dots and one star.  A Stampin' Spritzer with some rubbing alcohol and a few drops of Pumpkin Pie reinker is all it takes.  Just make sure to shake it up well and that the nozzle is facing where you want it to!  I used a paper towel to wipe up the excess on the mask and then I had a great layered look.


  This was a fun card to put together and I really like that it's a non-traditional type of Valentine's Day card.  Lacy hearts, pink and frilly do not go over well at my house!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Calling All Heroes

Ink: Black, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie (reinker)  Blendabilities: Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie

Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: Crystal Effects, dimensional, Stripes mask

1 comment:

  1. Well, how much fun is this! Love it! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!