Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Bold Snowflakes

  I received a Christmas catalog for one store or another (there are so many lately!) and on the front cover was a Christmas tree decorated in Real Red, Old Olive, and Pacific Point.  I thought it was a great bold color combination for Christmas and wanted to try it on a card.

  I used the RetroSketches challenge for this week for my layout.

  I'm not sure I pulled off the color combo but it might inspire someone else out there to try their hand at a non-traditional color combo.  I might try this one again and not have the snowflakes go so far into the white panel...


   Check out some of the details... punched Christmas tree, Decorative Label punch for the sentiment, rhinestones on the Pacific Point snowflakes and the fun Real Red ribbon.




  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Endless Wishes, Festival of Trees

Ink: Real Red, Pacific Point, Old Olive

Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White

Accessories: corner rounder, tree punch, Decorative Label punch, Real Red ribbon, dimensionals, rhinestones


1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I just had to write to let you know that I saw your cute snowflake and geometric tree card on Pinterest and was inspired to make one of my own. I didn't have a geometric tree, so I substituted. http://holmadelaura.blogspot.com/2014/12/pin-spiration-christmas-card_11.html
    I just loved your green, blue and pink (rose) snowflakes...and the color scheme!!! Such bright and cheerful colors! Thanks for the inspiration! Really appreciate it! Hugs, Laura Holm

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!