Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Work of Art Birthday

  After going to the Stampin' Up! catalog premier a few weeks ago I've only had limited stamping time so I haven't really gotten to make too much with the free set we received that night.  It's a fun set to make backgrounds and whatever else you can dream up!  I can see myself using Work of Art a lot like I use Gorgeous Grunge.

  I made this one for my husband's birthday a few weeks ago.  The stamps give a nice watercolor wash look.  They make for a nice custom background.



  I kind of just went to town on the background.  I used Pacific Point ink with one of the "swoosh" stamps and didn't rein but kept stamping right down the side of the Crumb Cake cardstock.  Then I stamped the chevron stamp in Crumb Cake.  Next I added some polka dots in Crumb Cake but stamped off once on scrap paper before stamping my cardstock.

  For the sentiment I used Chalk Talk and embossed it in white on Crumb Cake.  Then I colored in the "Big" with a blender pen and Pacific Point ink.

  My natural chevron ribbon has been sorely neglected since I bought it and I thought it worked with this look so I flagged the ends and popped my embossed sentiment over the top.  I added a retired Pacific Point (I think??) button for another pop of blue.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Work of Art, Chalk Talk

Ink: Pacific Point, Versamark, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake , Whisper White

Accessories: white e.p., Chalk Talk framelits, natural chevron ribbon, button, linen thread, blender pen, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Very nice card, and that chevron ribbon is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!