Friday, November 15, 2013

Fab Birthday Toast

How did another Friday come around so quickly??  I haven't posted in a week!  I guess time really does fly when you're having fun!  Come have some fun with us at the Fab Friday challenge!  Remember it lasts for 2 weeks so you can have even more fun!

Check out this sketch that Mindy has for us this week!  That tag shape has lots of possibilities doesn't it??


 Don't forget to check out the Fab Friday challenge site to see the design team projects as well as the other participants cards!  Like I said, fun!!

  Here is my contribution to the samples...  It's a birthday card for my father in law.  There are always plenty of adult beverages when we get together so I thought that using the Happy Hour set would be appropriate.


  Masculine right?  I inked up the glasses with my Basic Gray marker and then cut them out.  Then I stamped the "wine" using So Saffron and Cherry Cobbler, cut them out and glued them to the inside of the glasses.  Then glued the glasses to my tag.

  The sentiment was also inked up using markers.  The white twine was leftover from a previous Paper Pumpkin kit I think...the eyelet was retired a few years back but I still love to use them when I can.  First, because I get to use my Crop-a-dile to set them but also because they are a pretty cool element for a masculine card.  The Basic Gray taffeta ribbon finishes off the details.

  I hope you'll play along with us at Fab Friday!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Hour

Ink: Basic Gray, So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Howlstooth & Scarringbone DSP (retired)

Accessories: bakers twine, large eyelet (retired), taffeta ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Great masculine card! I never would have thought to use this set as masculine for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my birthday tomorrow and I love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!