Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Summer Field Flowers

  I guess now that it actually feels like fall here in Richmond I'll show a card we did over the summer at stamp club.  So backwards huh?  I'm still cleaning out my projects folders so you'll probably see some more older projects over the next few weeks.  Once I'm caught up I'm actually going to have to stamp for something new to show you!  What a hard life right?

  I don't think you can go wrong with the Field Flowers set….it is just so elegant and timeless, you can color it in or leave it, go vintage or clean and simple, pastels or brights.  So many options!


  The base is Wild Wasabi with a scored border using the Simply Scored tool…so easy!  Next is a layer of the Natural Composition Specialty paper.

  For the flower panel we did the stems in Wild Wasabi and then the blossoms with 2 step stamping.  First was Crisp Cantaloupe then Calypso Coral for the second layer.  This was my sample card and I think the Calypso Coral looks a bit bright so you might want to stamp off once for the CC layer for a more subtle look.

  The little embellishment is a Very Vintage Designer button with a wee bit of linen thread tied through the holes.  To make the cute bit of ruffle around the button cover the back with a few pieces of sticky strip being sure to keep them from hanging off the edge.  Next take a piece of Ruffle Stretch trim (I used Crisp Cantaloupe here) and just press it into the sticky strip all the way around slightly overlapping where you started.  Trim any extra ribbon.  Attach it to the card with more sticky strip, a dimensional or glue dot.

  I'll be back in a day or 2 with a more seasonal project that I finished over the weekend!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Field Flowers

Ink: Wild Wasabi, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral

Paper: Wile Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Natural Composition Specialty paper

Accessories: sticky strip, Ruffle Stretch trim, Very Vintage Designer button, linen thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!