Thursday, August 15, 2013

Elephant Smiles

 Today's card is another one that my ladies made at the July club meeting.  I had inspiration from around the stamping world when I was designing this one.  I had seen several "polaroid" type cards and knew this was the perfect way to introduce the new square framelits.  I had also been resisting the new Zoo babies stamp set as I don't need many baby cards these days but several very talented stampers talked me into it with their amazing cards using this set.  So yes, I totally caved and bought it.

  I was specifically inspired by this card by Rita Wright.  I love her color combo and how she made the ear 3D.  Here is the card we made at my class….the same but different!


   Sweet right?  After making the frame we backed it with a piece of the cheerful Daffodil Delight pattern from the Quatrefancy Specialty DSP.

  Next the elephant was stamped in Smoky Slate and then fussy cut (I'm sure some of my stamping ladies were cursing me under their breath when they got to this step!).  The ear was stamped again and also cut out to make it 3D.

  The final details were added: the little flower was punched out and adhered to the elephant (notice how the flower is the same shape as the pattern in the DSP and the pattern on the ear!!), a Smoky Slate candy dot was added to the center of the flower.

  The sentiment from Petite Pairs was stamped in Smoky Slate and punched out and layered with a Basic Gray punched circle.  A bit of Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon was added behind the circles.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zoo Babies, Petite Pairs

Ink: Smoky Slate

Paper: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Quatrefancy DSP, Daffodil Delight

Accessories: square framelits, circle punches, Itty Bitty punch pack, candy dots, stitched ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, this is so cute! Now I'm going to have to borrow the cute flower idea from you. :) I just love this set so much and I think you'll be glad you got it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!