Friday, February 1, 2013

Henry Says Happy Birthday! Fab Friday 11

  We're back for another challenge at Fab Friday today!  Woo-Hoo!  We've got a really great sketch for you this time.  Check out how fun this one is!  Think of all the possibilities for that center panel!


  I think all those possibilities might have made it harder for me to start though!  That or the fact that I have a lot of new Sale-a-bration (SAB) and Spring catalog items that I want to give some love too!

  Here's what I came up with….Isn't he cute?  Stampin' Up! named him Henry.



  Henry was stamped in Island Indigo and then lightly colored with a blender pen and a Baja Breeze Watercolor Wonder crayon.  I know!  How long has it been since I've used a WW crayon??  Ages!  How about you?  Is it time to dust yours off and have some fun?

  Next, I punched a few pennants out of the new SAB Sycamore Street DSP and just trimmed them down to fit the scale.  I glued them down just at the top edge so I could curl the ends up for some dimension.



  I added a bit of Baja Breeze rick rack to the top edge of the panel.  I heat embossed the banner with the sentiment from Bring On the Cake (still one of my favorite birthday sets) and then jazzed it up with a Rich Razzleberry scalloped circle and Tangerine Tango Sycamore Street button.  I couldn't leave the button naked so I tied a bit of baker's twine through it.

  The back panel is a piece of vellum cardstock embossed with the new Cloudy Days embossing folder.    The vellum is really cool embossed and I'm glad I dusted it off too!  I adhered the vellum to a slightly larger piece of  Island Indigo with a few glue dots right in the center so the Henry panel would hide them.  The final little detail are the rounded corners on the card base.

  Head over the Fab Friday Challenge to see the rest of the design team projects.  You won't be disappointed!  And we'd love to have you play along!  Don't be shy about uploading we can't wait to see your great ideas for this sketch!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Henry Says, Bring On the Cake

Ink: Island Indigo, Versarmark

Paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Vellum cardstock, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Sycamore Street DSP (SAB)

Accessories: white embossing powder, Pennant builder punch, Cloudy Days e.f., 7/8" scallop circle punch, Sycamore Street button (SAB), baker's twine, Tasteful Trim die, blender pen, Watercolor Wonder crayons

4 comments:

  1. He's adorable! And you rocked that sketch. When I saw the sketch I went 'gasp' - thought it was pretty tough! You made it look easy, and that stamp set is perfect for it. Thanks for sharing! Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, Amanda! I love the little banners and you did a great job coloring Henry. I almost forgot I even had Watercolor Wonder Crayons! I'll have to dust them off soon! Thanks for the reminder. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun and super cute card! I love the banner in pretty papers. The vellum is a great idea too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This way toooo adorable !!!! I love how you did your coloring and the sweet button treatment.
    I just have to case it for my Consider It cased week !!!!
    thank you for the inspiration!!!!
    chat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!