Monday, June 18, 2012

Betsey's Blossoms Teacher Thank You

I made this card last week for Ryan to give to his teacher on the last day of school.  It was fun to use these bright colors together!

  This was one of those cards that evolved with each element.  I thought I knew what kind of layout I wanted to do and then as I started arranging things it just wasn't working out.  I changed several things out but kept the large flower as that was a lot of fussy cutting and I didn't want it all to go to waste!

  The base is Baja Breeze and then a layer of Floral District DSP.  I cut out one of the new Apothecary Accents Framelits for my sentiment.  I used the retired Thank You Kindly set as I still have to order a few new sentiment sets to fill in where I had retirements.  I used the new paper piercing templates to paper pierce around the whole label.  I LOVE these new templates....it's so easy to get a nice even pattern now!  No more getting to the end of the shape and either having the holes too close together or a random gap.



  I added a Daffoldil Delight button (retired Sale-a-Bration) with a rhinestone in the center to the lower part of the label. 

  For the flower I stamped it 3 different time; once in Rich Razzleberry, once in Baja Breeze and a final time in Daffodil Delight.  I used my paper snips and cut out them out making each top layer smaller than the one before to get a cool stacked look.  Each layer is popped with dimensionals and then another rhinestone added to the center.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Betsey's Blossoms, Thank You Kindly (retired)

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Floral District DSP

Accessories: paper piercing templates, button, rhinestones, Apothecary Accents Framelits, dimensionals


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Amanda! I'm sure that teacher was tickled that you took the time to create a card! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a good week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when projects evolve like that. This turned out beautifully. The flower is lovely.

    Kym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love the flower (great cutting!) and the button with the rhinestone. Love the colors too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!