Friday, September 30, 2011

Embossed Ribbon

  Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you have something fun planned for the weekend....I'm trying to come up with some fun ideas to do with my boys...any suggestions?

  The card I'm sharing today was one of my club projects that we made just a few days ago.  I wanted to teach them how to emboss ribbon.  It is a super easy technique to do with an embossing folder and your Big Shot.  It gives you just that many more options for embellishing with ribbon and you all know how much I love to put ribbon on all of my cards!



























   All you need to do is to adhere your seam binding ribbon to your cardstock.  I would suggest using SNAIL adhesive so you can cover it with the ribbon ends and it won't stick to the inside of your embossing folder.  Then simply place your cardstock into the embossing folder making sure to put your ribbon face up on the raised side of the folder.  Run it through the Big Shot just like normal.  Voila!  You have embossed ribbon!  If you would like make embossed ribbon without having to emboss the whole panel all you need to do is cut a strip of cardstock the same width as your ribbon and whatever length you need.  Adhere the ribbon to the cardstock and put it through the Big Shot as I described above.  And now you have a nice embossed strip of ribbon to place wherever you'd like on your project.



























  See how the design just pops out? Pretty slick isn't it?

  For the rest of the card I used Pretty in Pink for the base.  The Field Flowers set is so pretty I just had to use it again for this project!  First the stem is stamped in Certainly Celery and then flowers are stamped and then re-inked and stamped again and cut out from scrap paper.  I used Pretty in Pink as the base for the flowers and then the 2 step stamping for the detail is Regal Rose.  The sentiment is stamped and punched with the oval punch. 

  After the flowers were cut out I popped them up with dimensionals!  For the fun stuff I added the new Dazzling Details to the center of the flower and the bud.  I also added a button that has a little bit of baker's twine tied through the center.  The button is adhered with a glue dot.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Field Flowers

Ink: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red


Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White


Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, seam binding ribbon, oval punch, button, Baker's Twine, glue dots, dimensionals, Circles #2 die

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that ribbon would emboss! You are a genius, Amanda! Your card is beautiful - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you could emboss ribbon either! I'm gonna have to try that. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed ribbon is awesome! It looks so rich and pretty on your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!