Friday, July 8, 2011

Stamp-a-Stack Chair Notecard

  Here is the second card we did at my stamp-a-stack last month.  I feel like I never have a ready made card on hand to just grab and send.  I don't know about you all but I just don't have the time in my day to sit and make a card every time I need to send a quick note.  For birthdays and special occasions I try to make a card unique to the occasion but for sending a check to someone or to just say hi it's just not going to happen.  I designed this card with all that in mind.  Generic enough to be used for just about any reason and a sentiment can be stamped at the last minute to fit that occasion if needed but it can stand alone on its own as a note card.  Since I have them already made I won't put off sending that quick note until I find time to make a card.  I've already used 2 that I made.  The next time you have a chance to stamp try to design a simple card that you can make 5 or 6 of to just keep on hand.


  The base is Crumb Cake with the bottom corners rounded.  Are you tired of seeing my projects made with Crumb Cake?  I feel like a good portion of my recent posts have had Crumb Cake in them!  I think I still have one or 2 more to show too!  At least you can see how useful this color is and it's certainly worth it to get a pack or 2 or 6! 

  Back to the card...the chair is stamped with Chocolate Chip and then masked.  For those of you new to stamping; to mask all you do is stamp the image again on a post it note (or as I call them sometimes a sticky note).  Make sure to stamp up close to the top edge where the sticky stuff is.  Then carefully cut the image out.  Next you put your sticky mask over your image on the cardstock and then stamp your others images right over the top (having that bit of sticky on your mask keeps it right in place).  Don't throw that mask away...stick it right inside your stamp set case to use again and again! For this card I masked the chair so that the details of it wouldn't be muddied up by the A to Z stamp which was stamped with Crumb Cake ink.

   The chair panel is adhered to another panel of Crumb Cake and then a larger piece of the new Wisteria Wonder cardstock.  I punched out a little Concord Crush flower using the Itty Bitty shapes punch pack and scrunched it up a few times for some texture.  The flower is attached with a silver brad.  Behind the image panel I added a Concord Crush stitched poly ribbon tab.  The whole shebang is popped up from the base on dimensionals.

  So do you like the larger photos of the cards I've used the last 2 projects?  It leaves a weird open end in the black frame around it compared with the smaller photos but that might be a small price to pay to see more of the details that get lost by shrinking it.  Let me know which way you prefer!

  Also, check out the great deal on the Stampin' Up! starter kit when you join the Stampin' Up! family during the month of July.  Click here for details! Everything you need to get started for just $99 and you can customize the kit to suit your tastes.  Join now and you get an awesome Christmas keepsake box project as a bonus not to mention the 20% discount, free stamp sets, sneak peeks at upcoming mini catalogs and more!  Enough with the gushing...let me know if you have any questions!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Have a Seat, A to Z

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake

Paper: Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Concord Crush

Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, silver brad, Concord Crush poly stitched ribbon, dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. I like the larger pictures. It is easier to see details when they are posted like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, girlie - I feel a CASE coming on!!! I am really diggin' this card! Love the Kraft, love the stamps, love the little ribbon loop - great job, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!