Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baby Girl Jammies

  Next month my sister-in-law is having a baby and a few weeks ago she had a baby shower so I made these cute (if I do say so myself!) thank you cards for her to use as she gets gifts.  I know when I had my boys I was constantly sending out thank yous and it's nice to have a set of cards handy.

  The design is pretty basic with some paper piecing and a little bit of bling to make it pop.  I used the Slice of Life hostess set and Sweet Pea DSP for the jammies.


 The base of the card is Pretty in Pink and then I ran another piece of Pretty in Pink through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and layered that with a piece of Whisper White.  I used the largest circle on the Circles #2 die and then stamped the jammies with black Stazon ink.  I stamped the jammies again on the Sweet Pea DSP and then cut them out with my paper snips.  I trimmed off the cuffs and toes on the DSP jammies so they would show up white when I adhered then to the circle layer.  I also colored the hanger with my Crumb Cake marker.  The little heart on the jammies is accented with Dazzling Diamonds.

I used 3/8" Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon to make a fork bow and adhered it with glue dots at the top of the circle.  I mounted the circle to the base with dimensionals.  I hand cut the banner using a scrap of Whisper White.  The thank you sentiment from Just Believe is stamped with Stazon and then accented with adhesive rhinestones.
Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: A Slice of Life, Just Believe

Ink: Stazon

Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Sweet Pea DSP (retired)


Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, 3/8" Certainly Celery taffeta ribbon, adhesive rhinestones

2 comments:

  1. VERY cute! I love how you paper pieced the jammies. I'm sure your sister-in-law loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cuter than cute! Love it! Isn't paper piecing so much fun? Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!