Saturday, January 29, 2011

Inlaid Embossing Valentine

  Sorry I haven't posted in a while, first I was getting ready to host a party, then I was getting ready for stamp club on Tuesday, then a stomach bug hit our house hard at the end of the week.  We made it 4 1/2 years with kids before having to tackle the dreaded throw up so I guess we were probably due.  We're all on the mend but it's a slow pajama day here that's for sure.

  On to the good stuff...We made this card on Tuesday at my first stamp club of the year.  This card is one that looks way more complicated than it really is.  This technique is called Inlaid Embossing and you use your Big Shot and an embossing folder. 

  We punched out a bunch of hearts in Real Red and Basic Gray and adhered them to the Whisper White panel.  I had Tombow Multi glue, 2 Way Glue pens and Red Sticky Strip and they all seemed to work just fine on the hearts.  After your hearts are stuck down run the whole sheet through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Die embossing folder.  Check out this close up....Looks so cool!

  The embossing folder presses the hearts into the Whisper White cardstock and make them all look like one sheet of cardstock.

  The other really cool thing about this card is the red Glimmer Paper heart.  The Glimmer Paper is so cool....you get all the sparkle and shimmer of glitter without the mess!  Your stamp room, house and family won't be covered in glitter after making a project with this paper.  I really hope it carries over after this mini is finished because I can see using it to make some awesome Christmas cards....maybe I better stock up now just in case!
The punches work great on the Glimmer paper too so no worries about not getting the shape you want---the sky is the limit. 

  For the XOXOXO banner we just used some scrap strips of Whisper White, stamped our sentiment and then clipped the ends into points.  I did find that Sticky Strip works best when adhering something to the Glimmer Paper.  I first used SNAIL adhesive on my banner but the next day the banner had fallen off....better to be safe than sorry so I went with the big guns and used Sticky Strip.  The heart is then popped up with dimensionals.

  So go ahead and get a start on that Valentine's day for your sweetie!

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Fundamental Phrases

Ink: Black Stazon


Paper: Basic Gray, Real Red, Whisper White, Glimmer Paper

Accessories:  1/4" Black Taffeta ribbon, Square Lattice embossing folder, Heart to Heart punch, Full Heart punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Very cute...love the inlaid look. I need to try that. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!