Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Teacups

  I made this card last week for my mother-in-laws birthday.  She LOVES the color purple so I always try to make her card using purple.  She also really like tea so I wanted to use the Morning Cup stamp set.  The layout is from Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge 302 from last week.  The color combination is from Create With Connie and Mary Challenge 120.  This was a hard combination for me since I wanted the Elegant Eggplant to be prominent but the other colors are very strong as well.  Hopefully I pulled off some kind of balance and didn't totally butcher either challenge!

 The base of the card is Naturals White.  I stamped the little tea bag in white craft ink onto the Elegant Eggplant layer.  I used a strip of Whisper White 5/8" satin ribbon (again, LOVING the ribbon share and having all the colors to play with!) and used some retired Tempting Turquoise buttons at the top and bottom.  I just stuck them on using a glue dot.

  To do the tea cup panel I just stamped the stack of cups 3 times with Stazon onto watercolor paper and it was very easy to line up with the clear mount stamps and blocks.  I then watercolored them with my Aquapainter and ink squished from my ink pads onto the lids.

  I stamped the Happy Birthday on a piece of scrap paper and then just lined it up in part of the Decorative Label punch and got myself a cute little tab to stick under the tea cup panel.  I sponged the edge a little with some Tempting Turquoise.  All of that is layered on a rectangle of Wild Wasabi that was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.

  A little satin bow down on the corner finishes off this card.  Hope you like it!  I'm off to do a little more preparation for my Stamp-A-Stack tonight!  For any of my local stampers; if you are not attending tonight but would like to place an order please let me know as soon as possible!  Look forward to seeing everyone tonight!


  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!


Stamps: Morning Cup, A Little Birthday Cheer (retired)

Ink: White Craft, Stazon, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi


Paper: Natural White, watercolor, Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi


Accessories: Whisper White 5/8" satin, buttons (retired style), Aquapainter, Decorative Label punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this. This set is one of my favourites and stacking them up like this is just too darn cute.

    ~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!