Friday, August 27, 2010

Thank You Cherries

  I was in Target last week and I saw a card that had cherries on it and I thought it would be good inspiration for a card.  I also needed to make several thank you cards for the organizers and hosts of our neighborhood picnic which was held last Saturday.  So here's the card I came up with.  It's pretty basic but I like how the colors pop.  I also fell off the wagon and used an embossing folder....I just can't help myself!  All that white was just screaming for some texture!


  I don't know if you can tell from the photo (are they any better??  I'm starting to figure out the new camera) but I covered the cherries with Crystal Effects so they are raised and shiny.  If you don't have Crystal Effects you should get a bottle.  I use it all the time and I've had the same bottle for FOREVER so it really goes a long way for a little investment.  Another fun thing is that I trimmed a very very small piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock and used it as "thread" for my button.

  Off to Sam's Club & the playground!  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Fundamental Phrases

Ink: Wild Wasabi, Real Red


Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi (button thread)


Accessories: Crystal Effects, ticket corner punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder,  scallop border punch, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, grosgrain ribbon, Brights collection button

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!