Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tag Punch Star Ornament


Here is the second project we did at my December stamp club. I think when I showed this project to the ladies they all thought it was going to be super complicated and take forever! I hope they were pleasantly surprised by how easy it actually was.

I followed the tutorial on Splitcoaststampers here. This tutorial has great step by step instructions and photos. This star can also be attached to a card front as well.

To attach the 2 star layers together we used the Build-A-Brad kit and some of the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper. This red and white paper is flocked! Punch out a small circle of the specialty paper and adhere it to the brad base. Then take one of the clear bubble tops and put that right on the specialty paper. The bubble has adhesive already on the back so it sticks right to the base. This is the first time I've used the Build-A-Brad and I can see myself using it a lot more to make custom brads to embellish many more projects.

To hang the ornament cut a length of Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon and push the 2 ends over the brad prongs before laying the prongs flat.

Stamps: None

Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, Vellum, Christmas Cocoa Specialty

Ink: None

Accessories: small & large tag punches, 2 way glue pen, Build-A-Brad, taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!