Monday, October 14, 2024

You're Super - Stampin' Up! Tune In

   I saw this color combo last week on a challenge and I didn't get a card make in time to share it but I thought the colors were perfect for a bit of a retro look with the Tune In bundle.  So thanks to the Just Us Girls challenge for the inspiration!  Since my oldest is now a freshman off at college I'm trying to be good about designing cards that I can send to him.  The color combo of Balmy Blue, Basic Gray and Lemon Lime Twist seemed like a good start for a card for him.


  My son has never seen a TV that looked like this in real life but he does have a bit of an affinity for "older" tech so I think he'll appreciate it.  He likes listening to records and has dabbled with 90's camcorders and VHS players.  Who knows he might show up one day with an old wood box tv set from the thrift store lol!

  The card base is Basic Gray and the background layer is a piece of Balmy Blue with the stars stamped in Versamark and embossed in white to create the background.  I die cut a few stars in Lemon Lime Twist and added them as well.  Before adhering it to the card base I added a length of ribbon and tied a knot.

  The tv and antenna are stamped in Basic Gray and then colored in with Blends markers.  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Gray and then to make it pop a bit I outlined it with my Lemon Lime Twist Stampin' Write marker since the pen tip is a fine point and I didn't want a thick line around it.

  The tv is popped on dimensionals and accented with Lemon Lime Twist starburst die cut.  A faceted gem is added to the center for just a bit of sparkle.  It is for a teen boy after all I can't go too crazy lol!

  This was such a fun card to put together and the colors are so cool I just might have to try a Christmas card with them for nice retro vibe.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Tune In

Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark

Blends: Smoky Slate light & dark, Balmy Blue light, Lemon Lime Twist light & dark

Stampin' Write Marker: Lemon Lime Twist

Paper: Basic Gray, Balmy Blue, Basic White, Lemon Lime Twist

Accessories: Tune In dies, dimensionals, white embossing powder, Lemon Lime Twist ribbon (retired), faceted gem (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!