Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Birthday Bluebird - Stampin' Up! Country Birdhouse

   The team over at Just Add Ink gave an interesting color challenge that I couldn't ignore.  They want us to use Misty Moonlight, Peach Pie and then one color of our choice.  The 2 colors on their own could be quite the challenge but then to have to pick a third really made me think!  Many of the Design Team samples used a green as the third color for leaves etc to go with flowers but I went for a neutral so I could use some off cuts of DSP.  Check it out!


  Gray Granite is my third color and I really like how this one turned out!  I started with a Gray Granite base then layered a piece of Basic White, then 3 panels of Nests of Winter DSP in a birch pattern.  I think my off cut started at 2 inches wide so I cut it down to 1 5/8" so I could evenly space 3 of them across the card front.

  My trusty Spotlight on Nature dies cut a nice fancy circle in Misty Moonlight and I popped it on dimensionals over a length of Peach Pie Bordered Ribbon.

  To bring some of the Gray Granite to the front of the card I cut a branch using the Textured Floral dies and adhered it over the circle.

  The bird from the Country Birdhouse stamp set is stamped in Gray Granite and then colored with Blends in the challenge colors.  I used the color lifter marker to lighten the overall saturation of the markers so that the bird wouldn't be overly dark.  The sentiment comes from the same set and is stamped in Misty Moonlight.

  The final embellishments are some 2024-2026 In Colors Shimmer Gems in Peach Pie added to the branch and a few to the side of the sentiment.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Country Birdhouse

Ink: Gray Granite, Misty Moonlight

Blends: Gray Granite light, Peach Pie light, Misty Moonlight light & dark

Paper: Misty Moonlight, Basic White, Nests of Winter DSP, Gray Granite

Accessories: Spotlight on Nature dies, dimensionals, Country Birdhouse dies, Textured Floral dies, Bordered ribbon, 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer Gems



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!