Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Birthday Dots - Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish

   I'm on a role using retired DSP on my designs lately!  I didn't have anything current that worked for the Seize the Birthday challenge of using dots on my birthday card so I pulled out a piece of Dandy Designs DSP that was perfect.  Sometimes it pays off to be a bit of a paper hoarder!


I started with a Summer Splash card base.  The Dandy Design panel was first cut in a full panel and cut again on the diagonal to end up with 2 pieces.  I used some repositionable adhesive on the DSP to get an idea of where to stamp the large Happy from the Biggest Wish set without being fully committed in case I goofed and had to start over again.  Once I had the happy stamped I adhered the DSP permanently.

  The cake from Attention Shoppers stamp set is stamped in Summer Splash and then colored with Blends, die cut and popped on a Spotlight on Nature die cut circle.  The dots on the cake work really well with the dots on the DSP too!  Behind the circle which is hard to see in the photo is a length of Iridescent Striped Trim.  It really reflects the card colors beautifully.  

 Next I stamped the script 'birthday' in Versamark onto Fresh Freesia cardstock and embossed it in white.  After fussy cutting it I popped it up on dimensionals under the 'happy'

  One of the nice things about using retired supplies as a demo is not having to worry about using too much on a personal project that I won't have enough to use in a class.  So I went a bit crazy adding retired Adhesive-Backed glitter sequins to the card front.  The smaller size and the colors fit perfectly with the dots on the DSP so I added a bunch to make it very sparkly.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current products used to make this design can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Attention Shoppers, Biggest Wish

Ink: Summer Splash, Versamark

Blends: Fresh Freesia light & dark, Daffodil Delight light & dark

Paper: Summer Splash, Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Dandy Designs DSP (retired)

Accessories: Spotlight on Nature dies, Attention Shoppers dies, dimensionals, Iridescent Striped Trim, white embossing powder, Adhesive-Backed Glitter Sequins (retired)



2 comments:

  1. I have really been enjoying your color combos, Amanda! Here is another winner and darling card. Thanks for pulling up the rear at Seize the Birthday, I love having you in our lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! The cake makes it much sweeter! Loving the dsp dots too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!