Friday, October 11, 2024

CAS Autumn Birthday - Stampin' up! Autumn to Remember

 I usually make heavily layered cards with ribbon and gems and all the 'stuff' so when I make a clean and simple card it can seem a bit naked and I have to stop myself from doing more! My card today is for The CAS Colours & Sketches challenge is to use Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy and Wild Wheat.  I tried out a bunch of different ideas but nothing seemed to look just right.  I'm still feeling that this one is a bit too basic but it's certainly clean and simple!


 I would usually say that Wild Wheat was the problem but this time I had a hard time with the Pumpkin Pie and ended up just using it with the little candy dot accents.

 The card base is Night of Navy, then a layer of Basic White.  On top of that is a smaller piece of Basic White with all the stamping.  The trees from Autumn to Remember stamp set are stamped in Wild Wheat.  I used Night of Navy ink and the Sweetly Scripted stamp set to stamp the sentiment right across the trees.

  To bring in the last challenge color Pumpkin Pie I dug through my stash of retired embellishments and I came up with these candy dots.  I must have had thousands of them because they retired like 8 years ago and I still have a bunch!  Feels good to use them up but I have a long way to go!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Autumn to Remember (Scrapbooking Line), Sweetly Scripted (Online Exclusive)

Ink: Wild Wheat, Night of Navy

Paper: Night of Navy, Basic White

Accessories: dimensionals, candy dots (retired)



1 comment:

  1. I think this is just perfectly CAS, Amanda - so clean! Love the texture of the stamping on the trees - you made wild wheat look good! lol Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!