Thursday, October 10, 2024

Layers of Flowers - Stampin' Up! Layers of Beauty

  My card today uses the challenge colors that I'm giving my customers for our twice a month stamping challenge on our group Facebook page.  One of the best parts of being a demonstrator is the community of stampers that I am a part of.  So many of them I would never have met if it were not for stamping and I'm so thankful for all the wonderful people I now know and call friends.  All because I am (over)enthusiastic about ink and paper and they just might be as well!


 I drew the colors randomly from a list so it definitely pulls me out of my comfort zone of using mainly seasonal colors this time of year!  I had been wanting to get out my Layers of Beauty bundle and do a little ink blending and I thought this trio of colors would look great as a floral.  As a bonus I had just a small bit of DSP from the Frames & Flowers Specialty pack that was mostly Lost Lagoon so I incorporated that as well.

  This card starts with a Lost Lagoon base then a piece of the Frames & Flowers DSP cut to 5 1/4" x 4" and then cut in half on the diagonal.  Before adhering it to the card front I added a length of white Frayed Grosgrain ribbon.

  The large image is stamped in Lost Lagoon and then colored in with blending brushes and inks.  Then the whole image is die cut and adhered with dimensionals.

  The sentiment from Simply Said is stamped in Flirty Flamingo, then trimmed and is added to the card.  

  Finally a few Adhesive-Backed Dots for Days in Flirty Flamingo are added to the card front to finish the design.

  I hope you were inspired by these colors and if you're a customer of mine who would like to join our Facebook group please let me know!

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

Stamps: Layers of Beauty, Simply Said

Ink: Lost Lagoon, Flirty Flamingo, Blackberry Bliss

Paper: Lost Lagoon, Frames & Flowers Specialty DSP, Basic White

Accessories: Layers of Beauty dies & masks, dimensionals, Frayed Grosgrain ribbon, Adhesive-Backed Dots for Days



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!